By: Jacqueline F. and Riley G.
Hey FHCI! The fall season is here! It’s the perfect time to bake fall time treats with your friends and family. We have provided you with the perfect pumpkin chocolate chip muffins to bake this season! They are easy to make and are delicious snacks, desserts or can even be a great breakfast before school! Make sure to tag us at @fhichgoldenfalcon on Instagram if you make these muffins! Also, do not forget to come by the Cookies for a Cure annual Halloween bake sale on October 31st where you can try these out for yourself!
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Recipe:
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 32 minutes
- Total Time: 42 minutes
- Servings: 12 muffins
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup of rolled oats
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ¾ cup of sugar
- ¾ cup of brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup of melted coconut oil
- 1 cup of pumpkin puree
- 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Pre-heat oven to 350°
2. Place 12 muffin liners in a muffin tin
3. Combine oats, flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, pumpkin pie spice and both sugars in a medium bowl and mix well. Make a well in the centre.
4. Add the eggs, coconut oil, and pumpkin puree to the well.
5. Whisk together the wet ingredients first, then combine with the dry ingredients and mix together until blended.
6. Stir in the chocolate chips into the batter.
7. Fill each muffin tin ¾ of the way full. Top with additional chocolate chips if desired.
8. Bake 28-32 minutes or until, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of a muffin comes out clean.
9. Let muffins cool until they reach room temperature and enjoy!
After cooled, muffins can be put into te freezer to be kept fresh and enjoyed throughout the season. Enjoy!